Chapter 7: Pricing
E-ACTIVITY: MARKETING BOARDS (p. 257)
Activity: Investigate How Marketing Boards Promote Their Products
The Canadian Egg Marketing Agency (CEMA) provides consumers with the
best eggs at the most reasonable price, while making sure that egg producers
get fair returns on labour and investment. In this activity, you will
look at egg marketing board Web sites and complete a worksheet on the
types of activities these egg marketing boards use to promote the benefits
of eggs and egg use.
- >Visit the Web sites of the Canadian
Egg Marketing Agency and Ontario
Egg Producers. Follow the links at these two sites to find out about
the marketing boards' promotional activities. Draw up a list of the
promotional activities. Then, for each promotional activity on your
list, describe how it promotes the benefits of eggs and how it would
be likely to influence consumers to buy eggs.
- Answer the following questions on a sheet of paper, giving at least
one reason for each of your responses. When you are finished, discuss
your answers with a partner.
- Do you feel the playground activities on the CEMA site will encourage
children to eat eggs and help to capture them as life-long consumers?
- Do you think the prizes offered at both sites will encourage
consumers to visit the site and thus promote the benefits of eating
- Do you think the fact that recipes are offered at both sites
is a good idea?
- Which slogan do you think is the most effective in creating top
of the mind awareness and will remind consumers or gatekeepers to
buy eggs when shopping?
- In your opinion, which site that you visited is the most effective
in promoting the benefits and use of eggs?